We’ve put together a list of our most frequently asked questions to help you with your adventure

If you’ve any got any questions that aren’t answered below:

What type of accommodation do we stay in?

    For our tours there will be a mixture of camping and motel room accommodation dependant on which tour you are going on. When we are camping, we will supply a swag and tents and catering supplies.

    If you are creating your own adventure then the choice is yours! You will find a wide range of accommodation styles:

    Campsites in National ParksCampsites require a small fee but they are well maintained and offer basic facilities: toilets, some have showers and most have BBQs. When camping, we strongly advise you to use designated camp sites and please only use the wood provided. There will be information booths when you enter the parks so make yourself familiar with park rules, particularly the wishes of the Traditional Owners as their culture is intertwined with the land and all that is in it. Once you have settled in for the night look up, the stars are a sight to behold. Please note, it may look good to pitch your tent under a tree, it is not advisable as branches can drop with no warning.

    Caravan ParksOffer a range of accommodation, camping and shared backpacker rooms that are air-conditioned and provide ablution blocks and outdoor kitchens to more expensive motel accommodation. After some time on the road, may want to spoil yourself and climb into a comfortable bed in an air conditioned room.

    Outback Pubs and MotelsThey also offer a range of options from camping to backpacker rooms to motel rooms.¬†While in the Australian Outback you have to experience an Outback Pub, you never know who you’ll meet.

    Backpacker Hostels in the City CentresHostels are the most economical places to stay in cities and you’re bound to run into likeminded travellers. It pays to plan ahead. Try to book ahead if possible as you will most likely be travelling in the peak tourist season.

    All evening meals and breakfast are provided as well as most lunches: see your tour itinerary for details. Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements and we will ensure they are catered for. Alcohol is not included.
    Can I bring my partner?Certainly, either as a pillion or if there is room in the support vehicle. Do I need a licence?All riders must produce a current Australian or International licence prior to departure. Photocopies will not be accepted. What is the bond?No money will be charged to your credit card unless there’s a mishap during the hire period. We require a signed credit card authorisation form at time of hire which allows us to charge for damages up to the maximum amount of $2000. What insurance will I need?We recommend that all riders take out a medical or travel insurance policy which includes off road motorbike riding. What support is provided?On-tour – All tours are fully guided and longer tours are supported by a Lead and a Tail Rider as well as the support vehicle. What happens if something goes wrong?On Tour your support crew is first aid trained and carry spare bike parts and, on some tours, spare bikes. They also carry a satellite phone and an EPIRB. What things do we need to pack?

    Things you need to pack:

    Tasmania can get cold, even in the summer months, especially at the higher altitudes, so don’t forget a pair of jeans and a jacket or sweater!

    Riding gear should be at least:

    • An approved helmet
    • Jacket with armour or body armour and vest
    • Pants with knee protection
    • Hydration pack or a backpack to carry water

    We have a variety of riding accessories in various sizes for hire – just get in touch!